Followers

Friday, September 24, 2010

To new beginnings...

I am currently in Lake Placid, NY for training for the US Bobsled team.. I decided it would be nice to post things going on with training and such for people interested to read.

First, a little background on me.  I grew up in gymnastics working out 20-25 hours a week.  I competed up until the middle of sophmore year in high school.  Then I took up track.  I competed in the pole vaulte, 100, 200, 400, and relays in high school.  After high school I attended Baylor University my freshman year.  After my freshmen year I decided to transfer to Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  I competed for Joe Dial in the pole vault the rest of my college career.

So that leaves me to today... This past summer I got into bobsledding pretty randomly.  The head coach is from Jenks, Oklahoma.  I attended a combine there and then got invited to Lake Placid for additional testing.  I am now back for my second trip to complete the combine test again and compete in the U.S. national push championships.  It went pretty well.  I finished 4th out of the rookies. I am off to push practice with the veterans here in a few so I will get a chance to push with them.

I look forward to continuing my journey in bobsledding and posting more things about my life.  I have many stories I am looking forward to telling.

So long for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment