Followers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Preparing for adventure...

I am back in Tulsa now and leave for Lake Placid October 11... basically in a week.  I have to say I missed my bed ALOT! Now that I am home I can start preparing for season.  Ive been ordering equipment I need for the season and still need to get some clothing for the cold! I have to say, I am not the biggest fan of the cold, but as I have learned in the past, unexpected adventures are the best kinds! I know it will teach me alot about myself and make for a great experience.

Training is going well also.  I am back working at Dynamic Sports Development with JC and Shane Hamman.  I love those guys and they are so supportive and helpful.  This is a new arena of training that I havent done before so their knowledge is really helping out! This week I got to flip tires and use the prowlers.  On tuesday I definately didnt eat enough before practice and almost lost it at practice.  I felt horrible... wanted to throw up or pass out.. haha... but in all honesty I love those moments. I love knowing that I have pushed my body to the point where it starts to push back.  That when I know I am getting better.

This week I am going to continue training and work on getting all my things together that I will need for the next couple of months while I am away.  Can't wait to be back at the OTC and be in the atmosphere of great athletes that I look up to everyday.

Until next time...

1 comment: